Sunday, June 14, 2009

Books, thoughts, words...

Was at DC Books yesterday... books, books, books all around...
I was wondering.. If i was in a prison, sentenced to a lifetime imprisonment... and had nothing else to do other than.. some gardening, some washing , some article making or whatever... I could probably spend my time reading... i mean it should be less of work... and more of reading... lol !
I did tell my idea to salini.. and she burst into laughter !!

I looked around.. People who had money bought books they liked.. and people who didnt have any money, like me, stood there and read books partially plotting ways to make a lot of money so dat they can buy and read those books in the future..!
Asked for 'The Catcher in the Rye' but it wasn't available.. They said it'll be available after 3 days or so.. One gentleman still thought the book is somewhere there and checked and found one! But that was the readers guide to 'The Catcher in the Rye' ... we smiled.... Both of us went through certain books.... I took Ayn rands 'Atlas shrugged' and just turned the pages.... oooh quite a lot to read ! "stopping the motor of the world" by withdrawing the "minds" ( not a good time to start - I thought ! )
We left the place after salini buyin some study materials...

No comments: